October 15th, 2018
1) Good luck to the Girls Flag Football team as they compete in the Mariner Zone tournament today at the BMO soccer centre.
2) Good luck to the Boys Volleyball team as they host PA tonight at 6 pm.
3) Any students interested in trying out for the boys or girls basketball teams are asked to add their name to the sign-up sheet outside the gym.
3) Tryouts for the Girls Basketball teams will be held this Friday at 5:30 pm and Saturday at 10:00 am. Tryouts are for both the Varsity and JV teams.
4) Tryouts for the Boys Basketball teams will be held next Monday and Tuesday at 7:30 pm. Tryouts are for both the Varsity and JV teams.
5) Members of the Golf team and Baseball team are reminded to return their jerseys to Mr. Wilcox.
6) Members of the JV Boys Soccer team are asked to meet Mr. Wilcox in room A102 at the beginning of lunch for a brief but important meeting.
7) There will be a brief boys flag football meeting in the gym at lunch today.
Attention Grade 11 and 12 students: On Thursday morning during first block, the Post-Secondary Information Expo will take place in the Cafetorium and Main Forum. Over 35 schools including Dal, St. FX, School of Forestry, NSCC, Holland College and the nursing programs will be here and you will have the opportunity to meet school representatives, get information, and find out about open house visits. Please be sure to take advantage of this great opportunity to get information on post-secondary programs of interest.
Grade 12 students:
Because of the post-secondary expo, please note that on Thursday morning, there will be no student parking in the L part of the parking lot to the left facing the main doors. This is to provide parking to the university and college representatives. Regular parking will resume at lunch time.
*The first dance of the year is this Thursday. Tickets will be on sale all week in the Main Forum during lunch. Tickets are $7 if purchased in advance and will be $10 at the door. Sign in forms are available on the council lounge door and MUST be returned by noon tomorrow.
*All members of the breakfast club and the Jack chapter, there will be a quick meeting in the Youth Health Centre at lunch today.
There will be a prom meeting in room B109 at lunch today.
*The Canadian Senior (Gr 11 & 12) and Intermediate (Gr 9 & 10) Math Contests provided by Waterloo University will be written on Thursday, November 22nd in the morning (Blocks D and C). If you are interested in writing one of these contests, please speak with your math teacher as soon as possible. The deadline for signing up is October 30th at 3:30pm.
*The Ombudsman Youth Council is accepting applications for youth between the ages of 13 and 19 who are interested in government and want to help affect change. Information for anyone interested is posted on the main office window.
*Each year the Nova Scotia International Student Program (NSISP) organizes the Campeche International Leadership Camp for grade 11 students to Campeche, Mexico. We are very excited to invite all interested grade 11 School Ambassador students from Lockview High School to apply. Information and applications can be picked up in the main office.