October 16th, 2018
1) Congrats to the Girls Flag Football team as they won the Metro Banner yesterday at the BMO centre.
2) Good luck to the Boys Flag Football team as they compete for the Metro Championship today at the BMO centre.
3) Good luck to the JV Boys Soccer team as they take on CPA today at 1pm at Mainland in the first game of regionals. The boys are to be dismissed at 11:45am.
4) Good luck to the Varsity Girls Volleyball team as they play at SJA tonight at 6pm.
5) Good luck to the JV Girls Volleyball team as they host Eastern Shore tonight at 6pm.
6) Good luck to the Varsity Boys Soccer team as they take on Sackville in round 1 of the playoffs tonight at 6pm at Harbour East.
7) Tryouts for the Girls Basketball teams will be held on Friday at 5:30 pm and Saturday at 10:00 am. Tryouts are for both the Varsity and JV teams.
8) Tryouts for the Boys Basketball teams will be held on Monday and Tuesday at 7:30 pm. Tryouts are for both the Varsity and JV teams.
Attention Grade 11 and 12 students: On Thursday morning during first block, the Post-Secondary Information Expo will take place in the Cafetorium and Main Forum. Over 35 schools including Dal, St. FX, School of Forestry, NSCC, Holland College and the nursing programs will be here and you will have the opportunity to meet school representatives, get information, and find out about open house visits. Please be sure to take advantage of this great opportunity to get information on post-secondary programs of interest.
Grade 12 students:
Because of the post-secondary expo, please note that on Thursday morning, there will be no student parking in the L part of the parking lot to the left facing the main doors. This is to provide parking to the university and college representatives. Regular parking will resume at lunch time.
*Attention AV Team. There is an AV Team meeting at the start of lunch today in Mr. Boudreau's room, B111.
*There will be senior band today after school.
*Permission slips for Symphony Nova Scotia are due at lunch time today. Please see Mrs. Burtt if you have any questions.
*There will be shirt making on Friday at lunch for the Hockey home opener in B109. Bring your own shirt if you would like to participate.
*There will be a Haunted High meeting at lunch in room B109 for anyone interested in either being involved with Haunted High.
*The first dance of the year is on Thursday. Tickets will be on sale all week in the Main Forum during lunch for $7. Tickets will be $10 if purchased at the door. Guest sign in forms are due in to student council at noon today.
*HUMANS VS ZOMBIES - Hey, Lockview! It's that time of year again! And, what's Halloween without Zombies? If you are interested in playing Humans vs Zombies, come for a meeting today at lunch in F106 for information, prices and more!
*IMPROV - Because of the Humans vs Zombies meeting at lunch today, there will not be Improv today.
*The Canadian Senior (Gr 11 & 12) and Intermediate (Gr 9 & 10) Math Contests provided by Waterloo University will be written on Thursday, November 22nd in the morning (Blocks D and C). If you are interested in writing one of these contests, please speak with your math teacher as soon as possible. The deadline for signing up is October 30th at 3:30pm.
*The Senior Recruiter for the Canadian Armed Forces Recruiting Center in Halifax will be hosting an information session on the Regular Officer Training Plan (Subsidized Education) at their Recruiting Center this Thursday evening at 6pm. A poster with the details has been posted on the Main Office window.
*The Ombudsman Youth Council is accepting applications for youth between the ages of 13 and 19 who are interested in government and want to help affect change. Information for anyone interested is posted on the main office window.
*Each year the Nova Scotia International Student Program (NSISP) organizes the Campeche International Leadership Camp for grade 11 students to Campeche, Mexico. We are very excited to invite all interested grade 11 School Ambassador students from Lockview High School to apply. Information and applications can be picked up in the main office.
*The Rocky Lake Arts Lab will be hosting evening workshops which are open to all grade 10- 12 students in the HRCE. Please see the sign on the main office window for details on which classes are being offered, the dates and the methods of registration.