October 18th, 2018
1) Good luck to the JV Boys Soccer team as they take on Citadel in regionals today at 12 pm at Mainland. The boys are to be dismissed at 10:30 am.
2) Good luck to the JV Girls Soccer team as they take on Citadel in the Regional final today at 2pm at Mainland. The girls reached the final with a 1-0 shootout win over Dartmouth yesterday. The girls are to be dismissed at 11:55 am.
3) Good luck to the Varsity Boys Soccer team as they take on Dartmouth in the 2nd round of the playoffs tonight at 6pm at the CPA turf.
4) Congrats to the Varsity Girls Soccer team as they opened their playoffs with a 3-0 win over Auburn. Lauren Fergusson led the way with 2 goals while Meghan Pickrem added a single. Erin Robarts earned the shutout.
5) Good luck to the Varsity Girls Volleyball team as they play at Citadel tonight at 6pm.
6) Good luck to the JV Girls Volleyball team as they play at Carrefour tonight at 6pm.
7) The Girls Basketball team will hold tryouts this Friday at 5:30 pm and Saturday at 10:00 am. Tryouts will be for both the Varsity and JV teams.
8) The Boys Basketball team will hold tryouts on Monday and Tuesday at 7:30 pm. Tryouts will be for both the Varsity and JV teams.
9) Our Cross Country running team wrapped up regular season with a great showing at the Metro Regionals. All runners fought hard against the stormy conditions and should be proud of their results. The intermediate girls team did very well earning the banners for both the metro series and regionals. They compete at provincials on Monday in Cheticamp in Cape Breton and we wish them the best of luck!
10) Good luck to the Varsity Girls Soccer team as they take on Dartmouth in the 2nd round of the playoffs tonight at 6pm at Mainland.
*Attention grade 10, 11 and 12 students! The Academic Awards list for all students that made the Subject Awards, Honors, High Honors and the Principal’s lists last school year has been posted on the main office window. Please check the window for your name and pick up a notice in the main office if your name is on the list. Awards Ceremonies will be held Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday next week.
*A reminder that all band students attending Symphony Nova Scotia tomorrow should be in the music room at 9:15. Would Madyson Cox, Leah Dodsworth, Luc Langmaid, Juliana Lawrence, Sam MacNeil, Jacob Murray and Jami Rockwell please see Mrs. Burtt right after the announcements.
*There will be Spirit Rally meeting in lunch in Mr. Goora’s classroom.
*HUMANS VS ZOMBIES - Registration for Humans vs Zombies will be Friday Oct. 19th in the Main Forum. Permission forms will be given out at registration. Cost to play is $10. If you want to play a really amazing game, come and sign up. Bring a friend!
*The Canadian Senior (Gr 11 & 12) and Intermediate (Gr 9 & 10) Math Contests provided by Waterloo University will be written on Thursday, November 22nd in the morning (Blocks D and C). If you are interested in writing one of these contests, please speak with your math teacher as soon as possible. The deadline for signing up is October 30th at 3:30pm.
*The Senior Recruiter for the Canadian Armed Forces Recruiting Center in Halifax will be hosting an information session on the Regular Officer Training Plan (Subsidized Education) at their Recruiting Center this evening at 6pm. A poster with the details has been posted on the Main Office window.
*The Ombudsman Youth Council is accepting applications for youth between the ages of 13 and 19 who are interested in government and want to help affect change. Information for anyone interested is posted on the main office window.
*Each year the Nova Scotia International Student Program (NSISP) organizes the Campeche International Leadership Camp for grade 11 students to Campeche, Mexico. We are very excited to invite all interested grade 11 School Ambassador students from Lockview High School to apply. Information and applications can be picked up in the main office.
*The Rocky Lake Arts Lab will be hosting evening workshops which are open to all grade 10- 12 students in the HRCE. Please see the sign on the main office window for details on which classes are being offered, the dates and the methods of registration.