November 5th, 2018
1) Good luck to the JV Girls Volleyball team as they host Dartmouth tonight at 6 pm.
2) Good luck to the Football team as they take on Auburn in the first round of the playoffs at 7 pm at Cole Harbour. The game will also be shown on EastLink.
3) Good luck to the Boys Volleyball team as they host Prince Andrew tonight at 8 pm.
4) Members of the Varsity Boys and Girls and JV Boys and Girls Soccer teams are reminded to return their uniforms to Mr. Wilcox.
*Cafeteria News: Stop by the sub cart and try our new hot subs. Today’s feature is pulled pork or meatball.
*There’s going to be a brief Prom Meeting in room B109 at the beginning of lunch.
*There was a set of keys left on Bus 308 Fall River Village this morning, if they are yours please come to office to pick up.
*Any Cadets interested in participating in Remembrance Day ceremonies please meet at lunch in Mr. Stacey’s Room B203. Any Musicians interested in participating, today is the last day for auditions in the band room.
*Percussion ensemble today at lunch.
*First Nations students who didn’t hand in their permission slips to Adree and are interested in going please meet her in her office in Student Services before 11:30.
*A big thank you to the Drama 11/12 class that put together a great game of Humans vs Zombies. It was a fantastic show and a lot of fun. Thank you also to all the students who attended.
*Are you a Grade 11 student who wants to unite people, nations and cultures for peace and a sustainable future? The United World College opportunity might be of interest to you. For more information, please follow this link: https://www.uwc.org/
*Graduation Photos will take place at Lockview from December 3rd – 14th. You will need to book your sitting time online at: https://calnenphotography.setmore.com/resourcebookingpage/r7135151190091... . This link is posted on the Lockview Website Home Page.
*Interested in Science & Technology? Want to spend a week in Ottawa with students, ages 15-17, from across the country?
Take advantage of a great leadership experience at the Encounters with Canada program! Expand your knowledge about the era of instant communications, electronic and social media and how they have become essential sources of information.
For a limited time, the cost is only $589 (from $750) for the week and includes flight, meals, lodging and program!
During this theme week you will participate in:
• 3D Printing
• Flight Simulation
• Media Room: try out a Line Following Robot, and Coding Stations
• a Senators game at the Canadian Tire Centre !
• a Visit Ottawa's Museum of Science & Techonology
• Ottawa’s Haunted Walk
• And more....
There are other weeks throughout the school year and 13 more themes for students to choose from, more details on LHS website and at https://www.ewc-rdc.ca
If you have any questions, see Mr. Blakeney in the guidance office!