June 3rd, 2019
1) Congrats to the Track and Field team members who qualified for and competed at this past weekend's Provincial Track Meet at Acadia. Overall in the team competition, our Intermediate team came in 4th overall. At the intermediate level, Abbi Gaudry had gold in both the hurdles and long jump, as well as a bronze in the javelin. Also, the boys 4 x 100 relay team finished with a bronze. At the senior level, Claire Langille led the way with 3 silver medals in the 100 m, 200m, and 400 m races. In the senior relays, our girls’ team won silver in the 4 x 400 m. The highlight of the provincials was our Intermediate Girls 4 x 100 m relay team who not only captured the gold medal, but did so while setting a new NSSAF record in the event. Congrats to the athletes and Coach Malick.
2) Congrats to the Girls Rugby team on capturing a bronze medal at the Rugby provincials this past weekend in Windsor.
3) Reminder to all athletes to return any jerseys you have to Mr. Wilcox ASAP.
4) The Athletics Awards night will be held this Wednesday at 7 pm in the cafetorium. A list of team award winners will be posted outside the gym today as well as on the school app. Please plan on attending to receive your award and all athletes are encouraged to attend to celebrate your teams and teammates.
*Huge congratulations go to our Lockview Saxophone Ensemble for their first place performance in the Nova Scotia Provincial Music Festival on Friday. Excellent work!
*Graduation choir will rehearse tomorrow and Wednesday at lunch in the music room.
*Graduation band will rehearse at lunch next Monday and Wednesday in the music room.
* Attention AV Team. There is an AV Team meeting at the start of lunch today in B111.
*The exemption list will be posted outside of guidance around noon today. Corrections must be made by this Friday by signing the sheet in the main office to speak to your VP.
*A reminder to graduates that Grad fees are $65, and can be paid to Mrs. Daigle in student services by cheque or cash.
*A reminder to those students who have borrowed elevator keys to please return your key to the main office at the end of each day.