September 24th, 2019
1) Congrats to the both the boys and girls golf teams as they advanced to the NSSAF Championships on Oct. 7th. The Boys finished 2nd at Regionals while the Girls placed fourth. Members of the Golf team are asked to see Mr. Wilcox before the end of the week. Those golfers who have not yet paid the $75 athletic fee are asked to pass it in to Mr. Wilcox.
2) The tryout lists for Phase 2 of both the Boys and Girls Hockey tryouts will be posted outside the gym by the end of the day today. Those students on the lists are invited to attend the next round of tryouts. The next tryout for the Girls Hockey team will be Wednesday, Sep. 25th at 4 pm at the Sackville Arena. The next tryout for the Boys Hockey team will be held Sunday, Sep. 29th at 7 pm at the Sackville Arena.
3) Good luck to the JV Girls Soccer team as the take on Island View today at 4:30 pm at Mic Mac field. The girls are to be dismissed at 3:00 pm.
4) Good luck to the Varsity Girls Soccer team as they play Sir John A tonight at 6 pm at Mainland.
5) Good luck to the Boys Volleyball team as they play at Carrefour tonight at 6 pm.
6) There will be a Cross Country meeting today at the beginning of lunch in Room A102. Those students who signed up are asked to attend as we need to confirm who will be running in tomorrow's race.
Attention Grade 12 students, Gillian Chan from the University of Calgary will be set up in the Forum on Thursday, Sept 26th at lunchtime to speak with interested students. For information on other University school visits or Open Houses, please go the student services section of or website https://sites.google.com/gnspes.ca/lockviewstudentservices.
*The first AV team meeting of the year is today at lunch in Mr. Boudreau’s room, B111. All returning members should attend as well as those who signed up for audio visual at last week's club day.
*Gaming club meets today at lunch in room F208, all are welcome!