October 2nd, 2019
1) The boys’ hockey roster will be posted by lunch time today on the school app, the athletics website, and outside the gym. Players on the list are reminded of the practice tonight at 7:30 pm at the Rocky Lake Dome.
2) Good luck to the members of the Cross Country team that are running in the Metro series race today at Point Pleasant Park. Runners are to be dismissed at 2:45 pm. Members of the team are reminded to get their fees in to Mr. Wilcox.
3) Good luck to the Boys Soccer team as they play Dartmouth today at 4pm at Harbour East. The boys are to be dismissed at 2:45 pm.
4) Good luck to the Varsity Girls Volleyball team as they host Citadel tonight at 6 pm.
5) Congratulations to the girls’ varsity soccer team on their 3-1 win over Citadel last night. Eden Smith led the way with 2 goals and Olivia Crowe scored 1.
*Ensembles start today at lunch in the music room - clarinet, flute, saxophone and brass ensembles will take place today.
*Could all grade 9 students taking band during second semester please go to the band room right after these announcements for a ten minute meeting.
*Jazz band is Thursday after school
Attention Grade 12 students: If you want to be considered for one of Lockview High School’s three school sponsored Loran Scholarship application spots, please make sure that you notify your Guidance Counsellor of your intent by Oct. 9th. (Surnames: A - C - Mrs. Doyle Surnames: D - M except Mc& Mac - Mr. Blakeney Surnames: Mc & Mac & N - Z - Mr. MacDonald.)
For more instruction, please follow the link below and click on the October 3 calendar entry :https://sites.google.com/gnspes.ca/lockviewstudentservices
*Tomorrow during lunch the student council will be hosting Karaoke in the cafeteria.
*There will be a very important "Free the Children" meeting in Room F110 at lunch tomorrow.
* Our first dance of the year will be held on Thursday, October 10th. The Theme is game night so come on out wearing your Jerseys.
*Prom Committee Meetings have been changed to Thursdays, with the first meeting being tomorrow.
*Any grade 9 students who are interested in the grade 9 Quebec trip are asked to attend the meeting on Friday, October 4th at lunch in room A102. If you have any questions please see Mme. Sanford or Mr. Bucci.
*A Reminder to all students that Picture day will be next Wednesday, October 9, 2019.
*The Dartmouth Junior Chess Club will be hosting games at the Alderney gate Library in Dartmouth on Saturdays from 1 -4. All skill levels welcome and there is no charge. See the poster in the main office window for more information.
*The RCMP is currently recruiting for its Youth Cybercrime Advisory Committee. Students would meet 5 times during the school year with police and students from across the province. If you are interested in one of the 3 available spots please come to the main office to leave your name.