October 9th, 2019
1) Congrats to the Football team on their 13-0 win over PA on Monday night.
2) Congrats to the Boys Volleyball team on their 3-0 win over Island View last night.
3) Congrats to the JV Girls Volleyball team on their 3-0 win over SJA last night.
4) Congrats to the Varsity Girls Soccer Team on their 5-1 win against CPA last night. Brenna Kennedy led the way with 3 goals and Olivia Crowe and Brighid Connolly added 1 each.
5) Good luck to the members of the Cross Country team who are running in today's race at the Dingle Park. The starting area is at the playground on the waterfront. Runners are to be dismissed at 3:00 pm today.
6) Good luck to the Boys Soccer team as they take on SJA today at 4 pm at Harbour East. The boys are to be dismissed at 2:45 pm.
7) Good luck to the JV Girls Volleyball team as they host Citadel tonight at 6 pm.
8) Good luck to the Varsity Girls Volleyball team as they play at JLI tonight at 6 pm.
*Attention graduating students. Tomorrow we will have over 40 visitors from universities, colleges, and private schools. This will be a great opportunity for you to meet with various representatives and have your post-secondary questions answered by them. Your Block 1 teacher will bring your class down to the cafetorium, and any Grade 12 students with a free period are welcome to join us. It is important to take advantage of this great opportunity to assist in your post-secondary plans. Take time to prepare the questions you need answered to ensure you have a good and helpful day.
*Attention Grade 12 students, the deadline to be considered for one of three school sponsored spots for the Loran Scholarship is today, Oct. 9th. Please submit your completed application to https://loranscholar.ca/becoming-a-scholar/ by the end of the school day. Your school counsellor will only receive an e-mail from Loran Scholar Foundation with a completed application.
*Attention Grade Nine students, you can pick up your free Lockview shirt in the Forum at lunch time today.
*Need help with your math? Peer Tutors are available again this year on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at lunch in Room D207.
*Attention students with Parking Passes: Due to the AARO tour that will be here tomorrow, student parking will not be available in the “L” in order to accommodate our guests. Those students who normally park in the “L” will need to arrange to park elsewhere tomorrow morning.
*A reminder to students who borrow elevator keys from the main office: Keys must be returned at the end of each day, regardless of circumstances. Any students who currently have keys please return them to the office by the end of the day today.
*The link for booking graduation photos is now available on the Lockview High Website.