February 6th, 2020
1) All sports practices and games scheduled for after school today have been cancelled and will be rescheduled.
2) Could Monica Johnston and Colin McKenna see Mr. Wilcox in his office before lunch.
3) There will be a meeting for those students interested in the Curling team Friday at lunch in room A102. It is important that those students who spoke to Mr. Wilcox about curling attend this brief meeting.
* Course Corrections: All students please note that the deadline for course corrections is Friday, Feb. 7th at 9:15am. Your parent signed Course Correction Form must be passed into Student Services by Friday at 9:15am to begin the process.
*The course selection information meeting for current grade 10 and 11 parents, originally scheduled for tonight has been postponed until February 18 due to impending weather.
*All first semester parking passes must be returned to Mrs. Daigle ASAP or you will not be able to apply for a second semester pass.
*Anyone interested in signing up for the Waterloo Math Contests being written on Tuesday February 25th, need to see Ms. Miles in room D207 before the end of day today. These are the Pascal, Cayley and Fermat contests for grades 9, 10 and 11 students. Contests will be ordered tomorrow.
*Acts for Aids tickets will go on sale next week. Tickets will be $5.
*There will be a sock drive for A block classes from February 10th -24th. The goal is to collect 2,500 pairs of socks.
Black History Month:
* In 2007, Linda Carvery was appointed as a judge of the Canadian Citizenship court for the Atlantic Region. Upon her appointment Judge Carvery became the first Citizenship Court Judge of colour for the Atlantic Region.