September 22nd, 2021
1) Congrats to the JV Girls Soccer team on their 7-1 win over Cole Harbour to open their season yesterday. Liv Cox led the way with 3 goals while Lily Soucy added a pair and Lydia Ramsay and Abby Malcolm had a goal each.
2) Good luck to the Varsity Girls Volleyball team as they open their season at CPA tonight at 6 pm.
3) Good luck to the Varsity Girls Soccer team as they play the West today at 4 pm at Mainland Common. The girls are to be dismissed at 2:45 pm.
4) Tryouts for the Boys Hockey team continue tonight at 7 pm at East Hants.
5) Members of the Cross- Country team who plan on running in tomorrow's race need to complete the Google Sign Up form posted on the Athletics website or the school app and have their fee paid to Mr. Wilcox by the end of the day today.
6) Members of the Varsity Girls, Varsity Boys and JV Girls Soccer teams are reminded to get their fees in to Mr. Wilcox by the end of this week. Players will not be permitted to play next week if fees are not paid.
7) Members of the Varsity Girls and Varsity Boys Volleyball teams are reminded to get their fees in to Mr. Wilcox by the end of this week. Players will not be permitted to play next week if fees are not paid.
8) Members of the Baseball team are required to pay a $40 Athletic fee to Mr. Wilcox before Thursday's game. There is a link on the Athletics website for an online payment option as well.
9) Members of the Golf team are reminded to get their $60 fee in to Mr. Wilcox by the end of the week. There is a link on the Athletics website for an online payment as option as well.
10) Reminder to the Baseball team of their practice tonight at Weir Field from 8-9pm.
*Attention all math students. The math peer tutors are once again available to help you with any math questions you may have. They are available every day at lunch in room D207. Please bring your lunch and your math questions and get the help you need!
*All Halifax Regional Arts choirs will be starting up again as soon as the province moves to Phase 5. The Cantatrice Ensemble Girls' Choir and Dartmouth Jazz Choir directors will be coming to Lockview High on Wednesday, Sept. 22 to audition for new members. The audition piece is "O Canada" and no advance preparation is required. Auditions will be held in the Lockview band room after school. The directors are looking for in-tune singers with a strong sense of commitment and a love of music, and all interested students are encouraged to audition.
*Bring back your old text books by Thursday, September 23 to Mr. Stacey in room B203 in order to have your name put in a draw for a Subway lunch! Get your textbooks in!