October 19th, 2021
1) Congrats to the JV Girls Volleyball team as they defeated Eastern Shore yesterday by a score of 3 game to 0. Sarah Walsh was player of the game.
2) Good luck to the Girls Hockey team as they open their season vs Auburn today at 4 pm at Cole Harbour Place. The girls are to be dismissed at 2:45 pm.
3) Good luck to the JV Girls Soccer team as they take on CPA in the Regional Semi-final today at 6 pm at Harbour East.
4) Good luck to the Varsity Girls Volleyball team as they play at Dartmouth tonight at 6 pm.
5) Tryouts for the Varsity Boys Basketball team begin tonight at 8 pm. Students who are trying out are reminded to complete the Google Sign up form and show your proof of vaccine to Mr. Wilcox. Mr. Wilcox will be in his office first period this morning and in the gym the rest of the day.
6) Good luck to the Boys Hockey team as they begin their season tonight hosting Citadel at the Sackville Arena at 8:30 pm. Season home game passes are available to students this year for $20.
7) Reminder that spectators are required to show proof of vaccine and ID to get into games. Games that are indoors also require spectators to wear masks.
8) Members of the JV Girls Volleyball team are reminded to get their fees in to Mr. Wilcox or pay online this week.
9) Members of the Golf team and Baseball team are asked to return their uniforms to Mr. Wilcox this week.
10) Members of the Cross- Country team need to complete the Google sign up form for Provincials by today. A list of runners who qualified is posted on the Athletics website and the school app. Mr. Wilcox needs to know today if any qualified runners can not attend the race.
11) Good luck to the Varsity Boys Soccer team as they play PA in the first round of the playoffs today at 4pm at Harbour East. The boys are to be dismissed at 2:45 pm.
*Students, please ensure that you are checking the calendar on the Student Services website calendar (https://sites.google.com/gnspes.ca/lockviewstudentservices). We have booked many opportunities for you to meet with universities and colleges, in-person or virtually. This is a great way for you to decide where you want to go after high school!
*Congratulations to three LHS students going home today with a bag of university/college swag!!!! To be eligible for a prize you must be a member of the Google Classroom. You could be the next lucky winner!
*The Charity Club will be collecting pants and socks for the jeans 4 teens foundation. Donations will be accepted until the 5th of November and there will be a collection bin in each A block class. Share the warmth this winter, all donations welcome!
*Students who are interested in joining the Book Club please meet in the library today at lunch.
*Interested in writing a math contest? The next round of Waterloo Math Contests ... the Canadian Intermediate and Canadian Senior Math competitions... are coming up on November 17. If you'd like more information or would like to sign up to write the contests, please talk to your math teacher sometime this week. Or see Ms. Miles in room D207 one lunch hour this week. Contests will be ordered on Monday, Oct 25, so be sure to sign up before then.
*There will be a meeting for all those who signed up for the photography club in room C103 at lunch today.