April 29th, 2022
1) Good luck to the Girls Lacrosse team as they take on PA in the Metro Semi-final tonight at 6 pm at the Lebrun Arena.
2) Good luck to the Boys Lacrosse team as they play JLI in the Metro Semi-final tonight at 8 pm at the Lebrun Arena.
3) Good luck to members of the Senior Badminton team who are competing at the SSNS Provincial Championships this weekend at CEC.
4) Any students who played on a Lockview team this year and still have the uniform, are asked to return it to Mr. Wilcox asap.
5) Any students interested in trying out for the Boys or Girls Slo-pitch teams are required to complete the Google sign up form by today. The form is posted on the Athletics website and the school app.
*If you are a grade 11 or 12 student next year (2022-2023) and you would like to take an additional course, please complete the form posted in your Google Class before May 3, 2022, at 4PM
*Grade 12 students going to SMU in the fall can meet with an advisor on May 12 from 9:25-12:05 in the library. Advisors will assist students with course selection. Students are encouraged to bring their own device where possible.
*Good luck to our AP students as they prepare to write there exams next week!
*Any grade 12 student who would be interested in performing at this year’s graduation ceremony should se Mrs. Burtt in the music room for an application form by the end of the day.
*Any grade 12 student interested in becoming the valedictorian for the class of 2022 should see Mr. Stacey for an application. The deadline for submitting your application is Friday, May 6. The grad breakfast and valedictorian speak off will be held during first period on Friday, May 20th in the cafe.
*Thank you to all Grade 9 Citizenship Classes and all other students and staff who have worked at cleaning up the school grounds. Over 200 students have collected close to 50 full bags of garbage. This not only helps Lockview look amazing, but it ensures that the garbage ends up in the proper place.
Please remember that litter dropped on the street or in the student parking lot doesn't stay there. Rainwater and wind carries plastic waste into streams, rivers and through drains. Drains lead to the ocean! Every day nearly 8 millions pieces of plascit make there way into our oceans. We are asking all Lockview students and staff to do their part to help the climate crisis and your future - please do not litter!