April 24th, 2019
1) Track and Field will have practice today at 3:30 pm in the gym.
2) Good luck to the Boys Rugby team as they take on Eastern Shore today at 4:45 pm at Burnside. The boys are to be dismissed at 3:15 pm.
3) Ringette tryouts will continue tonight at 9 pm at the Sackville Arena.
4) Congrats to the Field Hockey team on their 7-4 win over Cole Harbour yesterday. Camille Dubernard led the way with 4 goals while Lily Soucy, Annika Keizer, and Renae Boutilier added singles.
*Attention of Grade 9 students! On the morning of Monday, April 29th Nova Scotia Junior Achievement will be here to run their program” Economics for Success” with your Grade 9 Healthy Living classes. The program will cover career outcomes from the Healthy Living course. Please welcome all the volunteers into Lockview from Junior Achievement Nova Scotia. You are kindly reminded that you are Ambassadors of Lockview. Please represent yourself and Lockview with pride. For more information about this Junior Achievement program, please follow this link: https://www.janovascotia.ca/economics-for-success-1
*Students are reminded that an AP Chemistry Exam prep session will take place this Friday, April 26th at 8:00am in room B101. Check Google Classroom or your GNSPES email for more information.
*Just a reminder to pre-order your yearbook as the quantity is limited!
*There will be a prom committee meeting at lunch.
*The Charity Club is hosting a BINGO night on May 2nd from 7-8 in the cafetorium.
Doors will open at 6:30pm and there will be a Grand prize raffle for a West Jet voucher for 2 people to anywhere West Jet flies. Contestants must be on-site during time of draw.Spaces are limited. This is for all ages and all monies will go to purchase goats and water in developing countries.
*Could the following students please go to room F108 at the lunch bell: Mackenzie Adamski, Aliyah Brown, Colin McKenna, Sofia Moffatt, Samantha Pinkney, Mikey Wetzel, Keith Lynch and Ryan Whidden.
* We are still looking for 2 players to complete the LHS Math League team for Saturday afternoon's Contest. If interested, see Mr. McNamara in the Math pod for details.