September 28th, 2021
1. Good luck to the Varsity Boys Soccer team as they take on Bayview today at 4pm at Mainland Common. The boys are to be dismissed at 2:45pm.
2. Good luck to the JV Girls Soccer team as they play Island View today at MicMac field at 4:30pm. The girls are to be dismissed at 3:00pm.
3. Good luck to the Varsity Girls Volleyball as they host Sommet tonight at 6pm.
4. Tryouts for the Girls Hockey team begin today at 6pm at the Sackville Sports Stadium. Reminder to those students who signed up to bring the $50 fee to the first session.
5. Members of the Cross- Country team who are running this week’s race are reminded to complete the Google Sign Up form by today. The form is posted on the Athletics website and the school app.
6. Reminder to members of the Varsity Volleyball teams, the Varsity Soccer teams, and the JV Soccer Girls Soccer team that their fees are due to Mr. Wilcox.
7. Congrats to the Baseball team on a successful Metro Tournament this past weekend. The boys lost in the final, however, they earned the opportunity to host a Provincial Qualifier. Details on the game will be posted once confirmed.
8. The Football team hosts Central Kings this Friday at 4:30 pm on the Lockview field. Due to Covid restrictions, there is a limit to how many spectators are permitted at the game. There are some tickets available for students. If interested, please see Mr. Wilcox to purchase. Tickets are selling for $5. If you are not on the spectator list, you will not be permitted to enter.
*Applications for the Loran Scholarship are due online at https://loranscholar.ca/becoming-a-scholar/ by October 13, 2021. For additional information logon to the “Class of 2022” Google classroom.
*Orange Shirt Day will be held on September 29. It is a national movement to recognize the experiences of residential school survivors. This day calls for every Canadian to wear orange in the spirit of healing & reconciliation -- & to show that Every Child Matters. September 30 is Truth and Reconciliation Day and there will be no classes.