September 29th, 2021
1) Congrats to the Cross- Country team on a strong showing in Meet #1 last week. Our Intermediate Girls team finished 1st overall with Abbey Lewis placing 1st and Paige Carruthers in 3rd. Ella Cozens and Madden O'Grady placed in the top 10 with 6th and 8th place finishes. Our Senior Girls team also placed first overall as Monica Johnston lead the way with a 1st place finish with Mya Archibald close behind in 3rd. Jada Tilford and Leona Boutilier also cracked the top 10 with 7th and 8th place finishes. Austin Theriault and Cameron Reid both finished in the top 10 of the Senior Boys race with 6th and 10th place finishes. Good luck to the Cross- Country team as they compete in Metro Meet #2 at Point Pleasant Park today. Members of the team are to be dismissed at 2:45 pm
2) Good luck to the Varsity Boys Volleyball team as they open their season tonight with a home game against Dartmouth High. Game time is 6 pm. Members of the team who have not yet picked up their uniform need to see Mr. Wilcox today by lunch.
3) Good luck to the Varsity Girls Soccer team as they take on Auburn tonight at 6 pm at Harbour East.
4) Tryouts for the Girls Hockey team continue tonight at 6 pm at the Sackville Sports Stadium.
5) Congrats to the Golf Teams as both the Boys and Girls teams qualified for the Provincial Championships. Ryan Frizzle, Iain Sinclair, Miles Chute and Blake Wilson finished 2nd in the Boys Team event, while Taylor Wilson, Katie MacIntyre, Molly White, and Monica Johnston finished 2nd in the Girls Team Event.
6) Congrats to the JV Girls Soccer team as they completed a late comeback yesterday to tie a strong Island View team 2-2. Sophie Daigle and Charlotte Snow both scored in the final minutes while Lydia Ramsay did well in nets to keep them in the game.
*Applications for the Loran Scholarship are due online at https://loranscholar.ca/becoming-a-scholar/ by October 13, 2021. For additional information logon to the “Class of 2022” Google classroom.
*There will be a 'Cultural Awareness Group' information session for grade 11 and 12 students in Mr. Williams' office at 11. And a reminder for the groups of Grade nine and 10 students to stop into Mr. Williams' office at lunch time today.
*Today we are wearing orange in recognition of Truth and Reconciliation Day which we will be honouring tomorrow.