September 16th, 2019
1) Reminder to those students trying out for the Golf team that they need to be at Oakfield ready to play for 1:00 pm. Students on the tee sheet will be excused at lunch time.
2) Reminder to the Boys Volleyball team of their practice today at 3:30 pm.
3) Good luck to the Boys Soccer team as they take on Dartmouth today at 4pm at Harbour East. The boys are to be dismissed at 2:45 pm.
4) Baseball tryouts continue today at MacDonald Sports Park at 5 pm.
5) Good luck to the Varsity Girls Volleyball team as they open their season vs JLI at Lockview tonight at 6 pm. The girls are reminded to pass their fees into Mr. Wilcox at lunch today to receive their uniforms.
6) Good luck to the Football team as they take on Dartmouth tonight at Cole Harbour turf at 7 pm. The game will be also be aired on East Link.
7) JV Girls Volleyball tryouts continue tonight at 7:30 pm. Those students on the list posted outside the gym are invited to attend.
8) Members of the JV Girls Soccer team are reminded to pass their fees into Mr. Wilcox at lunch today to receive their uniforms.
*Attention Grade 12 students: Do you want to know more about University Open Houses, School visits from University representatives, scholarships and bursaries or other post-secondary information? Please take a look at Lockview's Student Services calendar at: https://sites.google.com/gnspes.ca/lockviewstudentservices
News from the Music Room:
*Sign- up sheets are now posted in the music room. If you would like to be a part of Jazz band, senior band, small ensembles or our school choir Volaré, pop down to sign up by Tuesday.
*Are you passionate about Mental Health and making change? Come to the Youth Health Centre today at lunch to join the Jack chapter. Everyone is welcome to join!
*Improv - Mr. Bauckman will be coaching the competitive Improv team again this year. Tryouts will start after school today in the Drama room F106.
*Hey Lockview if you are a student who enjoys playing video and/or board games you need to check out Lockview's gaming club. It starts tomorrow at Lunch in Mrs. Parsons's room F208 and will be held every Tuesday and Thursday at Lunch. All are welcome to come and game!!!
* In commemoration of Orange shirt day, the Mi’kmaq Indigenous Student support program will be making beaded Orange Shirt Buttons at lunch time starting this Wed. Sept 18th. Please see the sign-up sheet posted across from the library. All are welcome!
*Students are reminded not to litter. Please throw your trash in designated garbage cans, NOT on the side of the road, while on and off school property during class breaks.