Youth Health Centre
Your Youth Health Centre exists to provide services to support you in making decisions about your personal health and well-being.
The Youth Health Centre:
- Provides confidential services with accurate, nonjudgmental information
- Values your knowledge
- Welcomes your input
- Respects your opinion
- Works with you from a position of your strengths to address your health concerns in a meaningful way
Why Students Come?-There are many reasons why students come to the Youth Health Centre. Mainly it is a safe and quiet place to come and discuss anything at all. Everything we talk about is confidential (private).
You can talk to Vicki Caines, Youth Health Support Worker if you are:
- Feeling sad, confused
- Feeling angry or stressed
- Having relationships issues
- Having problems at home
- Need condoms, pregnancy testing
- Sex/sexuality questions
- Worried about dating violence
- Problems with alcohol, smoking and other substances
- Just need to talk
- Want LGBTQ support
Where?-Room C122 next to the Main Office
When?-My schedule is posted on the door window of the YHC. Students are encouraged to come at a time that doesn’t interfere with your class but if you do come during a class time, I will give you a timed attendance note to be excused. I will be here most days but I also sit on community committees, assist at immunization clinics and attend Public Health meetings. When I am here my door is open.
Contact Information-Vicki Caines (RN)-Vicki.Caines@nshealth.ca
How to Access the Youth Health Centre? Please drop in (C122) or send Vicki an email.